Fraudsters may try to get money or personal information from you by pretending to be a reputable financial services company. Don’t fall for their tricks. You can also read the government’s “Take Five to stop fraud” advice protection here: https://www.takefive-stopfraud.org.uk/.
- Abound will not ask you for a “loan fee” to be paid upfront. If you’re asked for a loan fee by someone claiming to be from Abound, don’t pay it and contact Abound directly using the the details on this page.
- Our applications are completed securely online meaning we do not accept telephone applications. If someone claiming to be from Abound contacts you about an application you can’t remember making, you should contact us directly to verify that it is genuine.
- Fraudsters may make contact with you via email, telephone or text messages. Their messages may appear to be very plausible. If you have any doubt that the message is from Abound, please contact us directly.
- Always check the senders email address, all of our emails are sent from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org depending on which brand your loan is with.
- You can contact us directly via web chat here, by email at email@example.com or by calling us on 0203 443 8881. Our opening hours are 9am to 5pm from Monday to Friday. As we offer SMS support, you may also receive messages from 07380337067. If you're speaking with someone whose details do not match the details provided above, end the contact immediately.